Sunday, November 21, 2010

Heike

Heike is number 359 in people who make a difference. I met Heike in 1998 when I went to work at Ferguson Middle School. At the time she was the AV clerk and I was the new Dean of Students.

Heike is from Germany. She met her husband and became a nanny for his son. As time went on she married Ron and he adopted her two daughters. Heike is fun, loyal, and strong as a person.

Heike and I became immediate friends. She does not get involved in too much stuff and she is loyal to the end. She and I like to go to Bread Company or the Pasta House and we would go there for lunch. One year she cooked dinner for us all on Thanksgiving. Heike lets people be themselves. She accepts you for who you are and loves you unconditionally.

When I became principal, Heike became the office manager. She and I learned the job together. I knew I could always count on her to have my back. People respect Heike for her honesty and genuine attitude. She is a leader and keeps a low profile as she leads. She cares about Ferguson and Ferguson Middle and takes care of people.

She had a couple of losses after I left, her son Chris and Ms. Joanne. I know this hit her hard but she bounced back and she and Ron adopted her grandaughter Kristen. Now she is a mom again and raising a small toddler.

Heike is now very active in the Union at FFSD. She is good at her job and she is an advocate for others. She will keep things balanced and fair. I had the pleasure of seeing Heike again in 2010 for the first time in five years. It was like we had never been a part.
Heike is kind and loving, strong and loyal, and a role model for me to follow. She is unconditional and never strays from her love for the people she cares about.
Heike is definitely  one of the top ten.

No comments: