Sunday, October 20, 2013

Kevin

Kevin Schroeder is also someone that made a positive impact on my leadership ability. Kevin was my team mate on the 7th grade team at Vandalia Middle School. He became our team leader and was an easy leader to follow. Kevin is a good person. He teaches math and he is very confident in who he is and how he teaches. His classroom was well organized and there was no guess work on the part of the kids for what was expected. Although I have not seen Kevin or his wife Kim in many years, I can see through reading the local paper that their family has thrived. Kevin was a good person and solid in his confidence. He did not need to put on airs to be confident and his integrity and faith seemed to carry him on. I respected him a lot as our team leader because he was trustworthy, supportive, and was willing to step outside his comfort zone to make things work. Kevin was also kind spirited.

What I learned from seeing Kevin lead our team was the ability to be yourself and strong from a solid and integrity based foundation. I am glad for the time that I worked with Kevin as it helped me level myself out and realize that I was not nor had to be the one in control and that I could trust other people to lead and still make things happen.

No comments: