Sunday, October 20, 2013

Jeanne Jones

Jeanne Jones is a part of my Top 365 because she had such a positive impact on my career. I had four years under my belt as a teacher of English and Spanish when Jeanne became my principal. She saw something in me and gave me opportunities to shine in my job. In this she also gave me the opportunity to experiment with new programs and experiences. During the time I worked with her, I spent a lot of time discussing and planning with her and she was my total support. It was weird because most of the people there did not care for her, but she took me under her wing and gave me opportunity.

As a leader I learned from Jeanne the ability to pay attention to state and federal programs and requirements and learned the ability to differentiate and be creative. I also saw her take a role in establishing a professional environment based on the needs of kids. She was strong and stood her ground, a bit aloof, and not always well liked by the staff.  She was not one to get down and get dirty with the kids and kept a distance. She was a superintendent at heart and moved the district forward with curriculum and instruction at a time it was needed

She gave me freedom to experiment, support, a knowledge of curriculum and instruction, differentiation, gifted education, and the ability to lead without popularity of others.

No comments: