Monday, September 2, 2013

Kim

Another person who has made a big difference in my life is my sister in law, Kim Rohlfing. Kim made the first difference with me when she made my brother happy. The first time we met was at a party and Kim thought I was his date. Then later she discovered I was his sister and all has been well since.

Kim is fun and fun to hang out with. She has loads of friends and she volunteers to help out all of the time. She was instrumental in supporting both my cousin Pat and my Uncle Cecil when they were sick and later passed away. Kim likes country music, camping, and hanging out with friends. She has been team mom for her kids in all capacities and reaches out to help people in need. She plays Bunco and has a close circle of friends. She is very close to her family also.

Kim and I are buds. We have had some fun nights drinking till the cows come home and we have had some experiences where we were very serious in taking care of family. I respect her and I love to go there and hang out and play yahtzee. Christmas Eve at her house is what makes the holiday. Kim is someone I respect as both my sister in law and as my friend. I know that if I need anything she is there and I also know we can have lots of fun when we get together.

Kim is a great mom. She has to her credit both Sarah and Jared who are good people with strong values and no sense of pretense. She is present and she is involved and her kids know she will be there for them. She has instilled in them a sense of reality regarding people and she has made a difference in my connection to my family in general. Kim allows us all to keep it real and fun and when necessary, really fun.

No comments: