Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Healthy Before 60 Day Five: Grandma and Cats.

Well hello. It has been a good day. Today we had a Christmas party. And we had a lot of fun. Still crazy politics going on at work but I am trying to look past them and focus on the positive. Sometimes it is hard. People are strange. I hope it all works out ok. Sometimes I wonder if I come on too strong? But I am real and myself. So that is all that matters.

On my mind today:

  • Codependency and work
  • Can one be codependent with family?
  • Finding a nice guy who likes to go to plays and watch movies, dinner, smart. I think it would be nice to find someone like this. I would be very happy. And I think it would make me a better person. 
  • Am I finished with Christmas? Still need: My name, Richard, Chris, and Jared's birthdays; stocking stuffers. Then I am done. Whew! Not bad.
  • I want a new black dress.
  • I have been accused of being a bully at times.  I am pretty direct, but I would not say I am a bully.  I am pretty collaborative. I think one has it in his head I am a bully because I came down pretty hard last year on a pet employee. I also think the response was one sided due to the people involved. I came down hard because of a lot of inequity. But I guess I need to check my style. I don't mean to bully but I do take responsibility seriously and don''t have a lot of patience with people who do not want to work. And that is usually when I get vigilant. Anyway, as you can tell, this is on my mind. Not because I am afraid, but because I want to work through it and blow it over. I don't like anyone to feel uncomfortable.  If people had done their job right last year, this would not even be an issue. Oh well. Sometimes I think I am functioning in the Twilight Zone. My achilles heel I guess. 
  • What else? Roy Moore was defeated. That is good. 
  • Christmas is coming. Academy Awards. I miss LA. I miss the world down there, but not the heat. And so sad about the fires. I like the seasons here but I love Hollywood!!!! And KTLA!! And the Academy Awards!!!
  • Oh yes? What about the food?
  • Well, I drank some protein drink for breakfast.
  • Then I had lunch at the party and tried to eat sensibly. Avoided the dessert and had a cookie. Some candy. For dinner, a frozen pizza slice and the rest of the Chinese last night. Not really healthy? But right now my goal is to maintain. 
So what do I know?
I see so much potential in some of our staff and I so enjoy working with them and taking care of them all. I think it is sad that we have to walk on eggshells due to the other side. But i guess there is no true perfection. I just like to motivate and support people to grow.  I would still like the chance to run my own. But i have to get bigger. I have to brace up and take some responsibility for myself. I have let myself go a bit and I need to clean this up. And time will tell. My new man who likes movies and the theatre and my new self who is a superintendent. Not going for low but going for challenge. Maybe that would be better for me. 

What Do I Know For Sure?
1. People do their best to be their best within their framework.
2. We cannot expect what we do not teach.
3. The best lesson is to model.
4.  Principles before personalities is always the best answer.
5. We don't know what we don't know.
6. Karma will always come visit. We need to keep ourselves intact and keep our own backyard clean before we look at another's.
7. There are a lot of good people in the world who like to have fun and focusing on the positive is the best! 
8. Time heals all
9. Honesty is the best policy. Honest but not always brutally honest.
10. Leaders have a responsibility to rise above.

-----------------------------
My Cat Has It Right
1. When I don't get what I want, I just drop a poop and suddenly I have attention. Sometimes you have to make a statement.
2. Sleep is important. Stretching is important. Find someone who will give you lots of attention. 
3. When I am not happy, you will know it by the look in my eye.
4. I am the ultimate ruler of the world.
5. Pat me 20 times and I will relax. Massage is good.
6. I need a balance of food and snacks.
7. Do not rock my world without giving me fair warning. 

_____________________________________________________________
And the list goes on:
What do I want for Christmas?
1. A Keurig
2. A new black dress.
3. That is about it. 
4. Peace on Earth.
5. A new man with interest in movies and theatre.

This is my Grandma. She was a wonderful lady. A hard worker, but so kind and loving and giving. I would love to be just like her. I loved her so much. Her birthday was December 5.  She passed away at the age of 98. She was a farm lady but so much fun and spoiled us all so much. I miss her and try to model myself after her: her kindness, her grace, her giving, her work ethic. She worked hard, five kids, and not a lot.  But fun and so caring. Gardened, farm lady.She even used to preach  Loved her animals. Loved her grandkids. Loved the people she took care of. When she said, "Tracy D" I knew it was time to take notice. Happy Birthday   Grandma!!! 

No comments: